Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving Recap

We had a fun visit with our family last week in Louisiana.
 There was time for fun. Samuel and Eva Kate both love this tricycle. Eva was too little to ride it the last time we visited.

 Sometimes, there is nothing more fun than a laundry basket and a pair of glasses that you stole from your grandmother!


James' parents watched the kids for us one night so we could go out. We went to a batting cage at a new place called D-Bat, and then we went out to eat at a nice place called Restaurant Sage. We'll definitely go back to both places. The batting cages had only been open for a few weeks, and we both had fun.  I did better that I thought I would. I hadn't tried to hit a softball or baseball since high school PE. For dinner, I had Sea Bass and James had New Orleans style BBQ shrimp. Yummy!


 James' parents suggested we all go to the Visitor's Center in their town for a free viewing of The Polar Express. This was fun for all of us. They had cookies, popcorn, and hot chocolate for everyone. The kids were invited to wear their pajama's, but we'd just been to the nursing home to see James' grandmother. I didn't want to bother with changing the kid's clothes at the visitor's center.
We don't make a big deal about Santa at our house, but the kids have seen James dress up as Santa for my photography business.  When Samuel first saw Santa in the movie, he said "Santa my Daddy."  So cute.
Santa and Mrs. Claus made an appearance after the movie. Samuel didn't want to have his photo taken, but Eva Kate was willing.
We took some family photos, and this is one of my favorites of the kids.
My parents were able to spend the day with us.
Both kids missed their nap, and Eva crashed late in the afternoon.




Here's the kid's completed Thankful Charts for the month. I think one little boy is missing baseball season.

No comments:

Post a Comment