Sunday, May 6, 2007

Our Artwork Arrived!

While we were in Sedona, we spent one night browsing through the local art galleries. I was impressed, and sometimes it takes a lot to impress me in the art world. Not that I don't appreciate simple beauty, but I love it when you see something truly creative and imaginative, something different. I was awed with some of the sculptures we saw, but they were out of our price range. . .$40,000 and up. The last gallery we went in was one that I almost passed up. I didn't care for what was in the display window. It was full of weird cartoonish sculptures, but I decided to wander on in. I'm glad I did because we found a little treasure there. Click here to see what we bought.

It is not an original. It is a hand pulled lithograph reproduced from the original after Geisel's death per instructions that he left in his will.

It's at a framing shop right now. I'm not sure where it's going to hang yet.

1 comment: