Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another quilt finished. . .finally!

This is my Louisiana Tech Quilt. (That's where we went to college.) I started on this summer 2006, and I'm glad that it is finally done. It probably has more individual pieces of fabric than the other quilts I've made, and it turned out to be larger that I'd planned. My calculations were off when I made the pattern. Off by the square root of 2 to be exact. I knew I wanted to have the squares set on point, but I forgot that the diagonal of a square is longer than the sides of a square. -My math loving husband doesn't know what to do with me when I do things like this - if it was any one else, he'd laugh, but he knows that it is not nice to laugh at his wife like that. Maybe he does with his "math"friends. This is where a basic understanding of geometry is practical, kids. I had wanted this just to be a throw size quilt - 60in by 40 in or so, but it's more like 90 x 70 - maybe big enough for a twin size bed. FYI for those of you who don't know - Tech's mascot is a bulldog.
The back of the quilt. I found this fabric online, but it's been so long I don't remember where. Most of the fabric that I used for the front was left overs from other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment