Saturday, February 27, 2010

Basement #1

I mentioned in some older posts that I has started painting our basement. Here is a "before" picture.  It was pretty plain.  White walls and no artwork.

These were taken after I had been painting around the trim and outlets for a couple of days.  That is our dog, Daisy in the picture.  I was hesitant to let the dogs in the basement with me while I was painting because I was afraid they would make a mess.  I could just see red paw prints all over the carpet.  However, they were very good - as long as I was painting by myself.  Last Saturday, James spent a few hours helping me paint.  The little dog (Lily) did not like it when we talked to each other from across the room.  It made her very antsy, and she almost stepped in the paint.  She was banished after that.  Daisy was too.


These last two pictures were taken after we called it quits on Saturday last week.  I ran out of the tan colored paint.  I'm using Valspar paint.  The red is called "Rare Sienna" and the tan color is called "Mediterranean Caramel."  I have another darker brown called "Chestnut Beach" that I'm also going use.

We still have a lot to do, but we're off to a nice start.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do love the colors and can't wait to see it finished! Great work!

    ReplyDelete