Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Top 12 of 2014

 1. Eva Kate legally became our daughter in January.
 2. Samuel turned two in February, and he got to visit an authentic caboose before his birthday party.
3. After 17 months of following Weight Watchers, I hit my goal weight in March. 
 4. In April, we had two great events. Eva Kate was dedicated at church. . .
 5.  and she turned one year old a few weeks later. She got to see all four of her grandparents for both events - and a bunch more of our family and friends for her birthday.
 6. In May, James and I went to Hawaii. Here's two of my favorite shots - and I don't know if they could be more different. They capture the two things that I loved most about our trip though - the ocean and the volcano.

 7. We spent the 4th of July with James' parents. They got a wading pool for the kids, and despite the looks on their faces, they loved it.  They also got to play with their cousin.


 8. In August, we went to Mississippi to celebrate our nephew's first birthday.  It was a super cute party, and my sister-in-law planned a visit to the Mississippi Children's Museum while we were there. That place was awesome, and our kids had more fun there than they did at the Magic House in St. Louis.


 9. In September, I participated in Pedal the Cause.  This was a fun event, and I plan on doing it again next year.
 10. In October, there's usually not anything more fun than Halloween.
 11. Earlier in December, we got to spend an evening with our dear friends who are serving our Father in Ethiopia. It was so nice to see them. Our kids had fun playing together, and the adults did our best to catch up with each other between keeping the kids for playing in the toilet (Eva) and getting trains stuck in the girl's hair. (In retrospect, she may have done this to herself.)
12. This is one of my favorite photos from Christmas. We got see our immediate families, and James' grandparents.

1 comment: