Sunday, June 3, 2007

What a Day

I have been working at a Walgreens that is in a bad neighborhood for the past several weeks. Wednesday, I went to work at 8 am, and at 10 am one of the front end managers came back to the pharmacy and told me that I'd better come outside and take a look at my car. The driver's side window had been busted out, and my purse - and it's contents- had been stolen. I had a very small purse tucked way under the seat. I hope they were greatly disappointed when there was only $5 cash to be found and no credit cards.

James was home, so he spent most of the day with the police, insurance, etc. Some people came out to our house to repair the car window on Thursday, and we've replaced everything was taken. Just waiting for my employer to refund us.

It is amazing what some people will do in broad daylight. I guess they are just desperate, they are so poor it doesn't matter to them if they get caught. . .at least they get fed in jail.
We're thankful that no traumatic damage was done, and I'll be even more thankful when I'm no longer working in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment