Saturday, September 29, 2007

Art has gone to the dogs

We have some new art work. James' parents gave us a painting for our two dogs. I was done by a lady in Jackson, MS. It is cute, but she didn't get Daisy's eyes right. There was way too much white around her eyes, and the fur on her head is sticking up too much. I decided to try to touch it up myself. This is the original painting.

This is my touch-up. I didn't have any black paint, so I'm going to see how it looks when it dries. I might need to get some black paint. I think it looks better.

I got some black paint a finished touching up the painting. After looking at the painting for a while yesterday, I realised that the lady had left one of Lily's paw's out, so I put that it and worked on Daisy's face some more. James didn't care for having the dog's names in the painting, so I painted over them. I think it looks a lot better. It is hanging in the laundry room.

The next photo is of our new art in our bedroom. I took all the photos. The pics are 8 x8 and framed in double glass frames. The one in the lower right of Daisy has a glare on it. I t is difficult to take a pic of glass and not have some glare, especially with the lighting in the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment