Thursday, October 2, 2008

Home Renovations

None of the cabinets in our house had hardware. After 13 years of hands touching them, they were starting to show some wear. I ordered the new hardware online, which was about $120 cheaper than buying it a Lowe's. It's nice too - I was a bit leery of ordering it without being able to see it in person, but we're really pleased. James and I spent a Saturday installing the hardware.

Below is a picture of our old kitchen sink. We had all the faucets in house replaced today. I was glad to see this go. The sink was rather shallow, and the faucet was short, which made it difficult to wash large pots and pans.


Our new sink. It is 2 inches deeper than the old one. The faucet is from Delta and the sink is from Kohler. The plumber spent about 2 1/2 hours installing the two.


New curtains for the living room. The previous owners didn't leave much in the way of window treatments, so I've been making curtains. I am really thankful for my Mom's help with these.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks pretty. I bet it is nice to be putting finishing touches on your new home!

    ReplyDelete