Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

As is the case every year, we have so much to be thankful for this year.  Here are a few of things I am thankful for this year.
  • God provided the resources that we needed to start the adoption process and He gave both of us a heart for it.  There has never been a question between the two of us as to whether or not we should adopt.
  • We have been blessed with overwhelming support from our families, friends, neighbors, & coworkers. 
  • We have a wonderful social worker who is helping us sort through all our adoption paperwork, and I am thankful that we are almost finished with it!
  • I'm thankful for my husband and the relationship that we share.
  • We're both still employed, which is not a given these days.
  • I'm thankful for God's mercy, grace, forgiveness, and love.
  • I'm thankful for the families we have met who are also going down the same path (adopting from Ethiopia) we are walking down.  It is helpful to talk to some else who is right where you are in life.
  • I'm thankful for our church and the wonderful teaching that we have received there.
  • I'm thankful that our new house feels like our home now.
  • We have good relationships with our extended families, and we do our best to keep in touch even though we don't live nearby.
  • I'm thankful for our dogs.  They are so much fun.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. I Chronicles 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment