Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Adventures in Haiti

We've been busy, but we've found a little time to take in more of the local culture.  Yesterday, I tried some food from one of the street vendors.  I had checked with some of the long term volunteers here to see if it was safe before I ate it.  It was very good, kinda like a meat pie - if you know what that is.  It was basically a fried pocket of something savory.  I don't know what it was, but it was good.

I did a little shopping today with the artisans on the street too.  I bought a wooden mortal and pestal that is made out of mahogony.  It is hand carved, and it is very colorful.

There is an old palace here in Milot, and I took a tour of that with three other people today.  It was very interesting.

Thanks again for your prayers.  I'll post photos when I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment