- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. spinach, washed and spun dry
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 3 cups coarsely grated pepper jack cheese
- salt to taste
- 1 cup canned mild enchilada sauce
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
In a heavy skillet cook onion and mushrooms in oil over moderate heat, stirring, until golden. Add spinach and garlic and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted. Stir in beans, lemon juice, scallions, half of the pepper jack cheese, and salt to taste and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted.
Spray a 9 x 19 casserole pan with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place about 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in each a tortilla, roll up an place in pan. Repeat for the rest of the tortillas. When pan is full, pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Place the rest of the cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with sour cream.