Friday, July 8, 2011

Photo Book is finally finished!

 We will be able to leave a photo book for Baby M that will be given to her after our case is approved in the Ethiopian court.  I wanted to give her a little photo book that she could play with, and I got this one at Babies-R-Us.  Thanks to my friend Dana for the recommendation.  There is a pocket on the front for a small photo, so I put a photo of Baby M in that so the book could be easily identified as hers.

I just finished this today.  I've had months to get this done, so you'd think that I would have gotten done before now, seeing that we leave the day after tomorrow.  "Last minute" seems to be our modus operandi around here these days.

The book holds only 6 photos, and I had a hard time narrowing it down.  I decided to put photos of people that she will probably see very soon after she comes home.  I have another small photo album that I will take on our second trip that has more photos of our extended family.



One more photo, just you can see the Amharic font on the photo a little better.  Amharic is the national language of Ethiopia.  I was stumped as to how to do this, but James showed me how.  Thank you! I found this website Amharic Dictionary, which was very useful.  You type in an English word, and it will show you the word in Amharic.  I copied that into a Word document and saved it.  Then I pasted the text from the Word document into photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting that you leave so soon!! Praying all goes smoothly! And the book is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete