Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I hope you had a great day with people you love. Here's a few throwback pics.
 Mother's Day 2012. Samuel was 3 months old, and he slept through dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. 
 Mother's Day 2013. I don't think there will ever be a Mother's Day that tops this one for me. We had just brought our newborn surprise daughter home from the hospital the day before. You just can't get any better than the gift of a baby! I was over the moon to have her in my arms during church that day. Samuel wore his "big brother" shirt to church, and that's how our news spread at church that day.

This year. I'm honored to be their mom, and forever grateful to the woman who made me a mommy.
 James and the kids gave me flowers, a photo editing program (Adobe Lightroom) that I've been wanting and a "Camera Creatures" photo prop. It slides onto your lens & makes a squeaky sounds to aid in getting a child's or pet's attention.

Happy Mother's day to my mom and mother-in-law. I'm grateful to have both of you in my lives and my children's lives. Thank you for the godly influences you have been to me over the years.

 These women are never far from my mind. They all loved their families with devotion, and they are sorely missed. In the photo above is my mom's sister, Norine, and their mom. In the photo below is my dad's mom holding me. My aunt and my dad's mom were taken from us too soon. Eva Kate is named after these two of her great-grandmothers. I bet these ladies are having a fun visit with each other in heaven today.

No comments:

Post a Comment