Monday, October 13, 2014

Understanding Samuel-Speak

Back in May, James' parents took care of the kids for a little over a week while James and I were in Hawaii.  Before we left, we wrote down and interpreted some of the things that Samuel was saying at the time.  It was cute, so I thought I would share it here. He was 2 years and 3 months old at the time.

  • Tan-too = thank you
  • Elmo = usually means he wants to watch Sesame Street
  • Me-me or Miss-Mouse = Mickey Mouse
  • Duck = if you’re looking for a book to read & he says “duck” it means he wants to ready “The Icky Little Duckling”
  • Cat = Cat in the Hat
  • Hat = also the Cat in the Hat
  • Bobble = bubble bath
  • Baaah – he wants a nutri-grain bar to eat
  • Eye-Yai – outside
  • Ding-ding = he wants to watch “What does the Fox Say?” on the you tube app on your phone OR he wants to read the book by the same name.
  • Day-she = the dogs. His words for the dogs are almost the same. Sometimes he calls Lily “Did-he”
  • Eis = this
  • Bah-we = Eva Kate’s bottle
  • shock-ut = chocolate


He can say a lot more now - sometimes he can say more than we wish to hear. It is fun to watch his language develop. Today when he got up from his nap, he told me that he wanted to watch Yadi hit.  I told him, "You and the rest of St. Louis want to see that, buddy." (Yadi is one of our favorite players with the Cardinal's, but he is out with an injury as of last night.)  Then Samuel said to me, "I watch Matt Holiday hit then."  Haha. There was no game today.

No comments:

Post a Comment