Sunday, October 26, 2014

Eighteen Months

Eva Kate turned 18 months old today.  It's hard to believe that it's been a year and a half since our surprise baby girl popped into our lives.
 It's fun to see her personality develop.  She can be pretty sassy sometimes.  She's not talking much yet, but she understands much of what we say to her.  She loves to eat applesauce, pumpkin, waffles, and cheese.  She is fearless, and while that characteristic makes me crazy right now, it is my hope that God has a plan to work though her in her fearlessness. These days her fearlessness is played out by climbing upon anything that is stationary, but it is my prayer that she will follow fearlessly after Our Redeemer as she grows.
 We gave her a little gift to open today.  Nothing extravagant, just some fun little things.

 A bottle of bubble bath.
 A bag of balloons. Balloons are a fun thing to have when we're stuck inside with bad weather, but I forgot about my latex allergy when I bought them. I blew one of them up for her, and I was immediately reminded that we can't have latex anything around here.  Sigh. Yes, I'm a pharmacist.  James is going to be responsible for blowing up the rest of these balloons.
 And a little ball with Tinkerbell on it.
 I made some brownies for her that we shared with our small group from church this evening.
Happy Half-Birthday, my girl!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that little surprise. What a lagniappe blessing she is.

    ReplyDelete