I'd rather call this a "downdate" instead of an update because this isn't the happiest news. Not awful. Just disappointing. We had really been hoping to be able to travel to Ethiopia in November for our court date. That is not going to happen. There are families with our agency who got their referrals back in July who just got assigned Dec. 3rd court dates. We are still hoping that we will get to make our first trip to Ethiopia before the end of the year, but we do not know if that will be possible. Our social worker had told us several weeks ago that it was reasonable to expect that our first trip would be in November and our second trip would be in January. With the long lead time that these families were given about when they would need to travel, we are not going to buy tickets beforehand like our social worker had suggested. We should have no trouble getting tickets. It is just so hard not knowing what is going to happen.
I've tried to not be fixated on this. I want to hear something from Ethiopia. We're still waiting to hear that our case has been submitted to court and we are hoping to get an update on Samantha from the orphanage.
We at least know that we will be able to spend Thanksgiving with our family in Louisiana this year. I wouldn't mind spending Christmas in Ethiopia though. :-)