Monday, June 20, 2011

A case of bad translating

I recently ordered an item on ebay from a seller in China.  I got an email from the seller with the tracking information and a word of thanks.  It is obvious that English was not his first language.  I got a few laughs out of it, especially when I read "your cognition is our power to make forward." So here it is, unedited except I removed the tracking number:

Dear Friend

thanks for your making purchase and prompt payment for this item.

Today the postman picked up the package from our office, here is shipping information please view.

Shipping Company: EMS fast express
Consignment No: *****************
Delivered address: Same with you confirmed via Paypal
Tracking website: www.ems.com.cn or www.usps.com

Typically it takes 7-12 business days to arrive in your place, same with we promised on Ebay description, please wait patiently.

Also you may logo on this web to check its status, which will be shown updated shipment two days later, thank you.

We warmly hope that it can arrive in your place and you will be satisfied with our total service and let us have chance of servicing you again. Much appreciate that you can leave a positive feedback and all full 5-Star DSR for this transaction, your cognition is our power to make forward.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards.
Lisheng.


I will say that his English is worlds better than my Mandarin, but I'm not trying to write letters in Mandarin either. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that gave me and my man a good laugh!! I will take some cognition if you have extra?

    ReplyDelete