The only downside is that I'll have to miss work at a time when I need to be there to help cover vacations. The manager knew that might happen though and understands our situation.
We are so grateful to everyone who has been praying for us and for Baby M. Please keep them coming! There are still a lot of things that could go wrong that could delay our case. Here are some specific things that we will be praying for, and we would greatly appreciate it if you would join with us:
- Baby M's birthmother will have to appear in court before we do to terminate her rights. Sometimes the birthparents will reclaim custody of their children at that time. Pray that all goes well if God does intend for Baby M to be our daughter.
- Pray for all of our documents to be in order when the judge hears our case, and for our case to be approved while we are in Ethiopia. There are several documents that have to be obtained from the area where Baby M was born. Some families with our agency have recently experienced delays both with the court and the US Embassy because these documents had not been obtained.
- Continue to pray for Baby M. She is doing well, and she has gained a few pounds. Pray for her needs to continue to be met and for her to stay healthy.