Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Google Voice: FAIL

James and I got new mobile phone in May, and we began using Google Voice for our voice mail.  Overall, I've been really pleased with it.  It will transcribe your voice mail and email the text to you, and there will also be a link in the email where you can listen to the voice mail.  It is much easier to discreetly check your voice mail by just reading the text, and I really like that.  The transcription has not been 100% accurate for me, but most of the time it is pretty close.  However, we've both gotten a couple of voice mails where the transcription was totally off.  Off so bad that I was not sure what the call was about.  I don't know what it is that makes some of them that bad.  I listened to the audio message, and I could understand it just fine.  Here is the transcription of a voice mail that I got from my mother-in-law:


"Hey, Yeah this is Fay you don't have to call me back and just been getting those chicks in the mail, that I have a color Monday does that. The tomorrow. So, often you check for 30 announcing the check for 25..., you can use that if you wanna bathtubs for the nanny 30 if you wanna be some of the formula. Something, whatever for the main ether. It doesn't matter and that the it. I've got one getting long. Give me a thing in order to get him We're already prayed about the trio will talk to you guys are going and you don't have to return my call affect me. Mom pop all. We're all going out to not stuff. Love you. Bye bye. "

Wow.  The audio message was clear as a bell and made perfect sense.  She was calling to tell me that she had mailed checks to us to purchase some donations for the orphanage.  Some of the words that show up in the transcription are not in the audio message at all - like bathtubs, trio,  and not stuff. Looks like Google Voice has some bugs that need to be fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment