There is really nothing flattering about that photo - except for Samuel's cute little self.
Here are two photos from this past July, about 1 year later. This was my 9th month on Weight Watcher's, and I had lost 60 pounds. I've lost another ten pounds since these photos were taken.
I am currently within 25 pounds of my goal weight!
Here's some of the positive changes that have occurred as a result of my weight loss:
- I had a check up with my doctor last week, and my blood work looks better than it has in a long time. I've been able to stop taking three prescription medications that I had been taking.
- I can shop at any store for clothes. I do not have to seek out stores that carry plus size clothing anymore.
- I don't wince when I catch my reflection in a window or mirror or when I look at photos of myself.
- I've got more energy and I'm able to be more active with my kids.
- I don't see food as a reward anymore. After a rough day, I used to turn to food as a reward for getting through the day. We still have treats for special occasions, but I don't make excuses for easting unhealthy food like I used to or think that I earned it because I've had a bad day.
- I found a new hobby - cycling. I had wanted to get a bike for a long time, but for safety reasons James wanted me to wait on purchasing a bike until I had lost some weight. We both got bicycles after I had lost 50 pounds.
- I don't fear being the "fat girl" at events or wonder if I am going to be comfortable in the seats at a ballpark, theater, or airplane.
I'm thankful for James' support. He has been willing to eat what I eat for dinner, and he's been generous in giving me time to exercise.