Friday, March 21, 2014

My Typical Day - Breakfast

Thank you to all of you for your kind words regarding my last post!  I had a few people ask for some tips, so I'm going to do a few posts on what I typically eat on a daily basis.
 This instant oatmeal is my favorite thing to have on a cold morning. It is 3 Points Plus (PP) for one serving. I usually add a sliced banana and some chopped up apple to it. I also add extra cinnamon.
I really like Kashi cereal, but it is a little on the pricey side. Luckily, Sam's Club sells this flavor, and it's a little cheaper to buy it in bulk.  It is 5 PP for one serving, which is one cup.  I've been eating this for over a year, and I still measure it out every single time I eat it. I don't trust myself to estimate portion sizes. I have to do a little guesswork when I'm at a restaurant, and I'm bound to make mistakes sometimes. So, I would rather measure when I'm at home and take the guesswork out of things.  I have all but quit drinking cow's milk because of the sugar content in it. One cup of skim milk has 11 grams of sugar and it is 2 PP. I switched to almond milk months ago, and I love it. We even cook with it. One cup of unsweetened almond milk has 0 grams of sugar, and it is 1 PP.  I use just half a cup of almond milk on my cereal, and I don't have to count the one point.  Fresh fruit is zero points on Weight Watchers, so I try to have some with every meal. I usually have a banana and sliced peaches or berries with my cereal.  If you use frozen fruits, make sure to buy unsweetened fruit. The only thing that should be listed as ingredients in the fruit is the fruit itself.


 These Kashi granola bars are great for a quick breakfast. I'll eat these on hectic Sunday mornings with a banana and coffee. These come in a number of different flavors, and most of them are either 3 or 4 PP. This one pictured is my favorite, and it is 3 PP. My grocery store doesn't always have it in stock, so I set it up as a subscribe & save order with Amazon. I get six boxes of it every 6 months.
This is what I put in my coffee. Note that it is sugar free. One serving (1 tablespoon) is 0 PP. I also put a packet or two of Splenda in my coffee.  This comes in several flavors, and as far as I know, all of the sugar free flavors are 0 PP.

I don't have a photo of this last item, but I really like Chobani Fat Free Greek Yogurt. It is available in a variety of flavors, most of which are either 3 or 4 PP per 6 oz. Sometimes I will add a banana and 1/4 cup of the Kashi cereal pictured above to the yogurt. Adding the 1/4 cup of cereal adds 1 PP.

No comments:

Post a Comment