Monday, March 24, 2014

My Typical Day - Snacks

This is a follow up to my last post. Hopefully this will give some of you some good ideas about some yummy things to look for at the grocery store.

I don't buy a lot of Weight Watcher's food products, but these coffee flavored ice cream bars are one thing that I keep in my freezer. They are 2PP for one bar, and they are so good.  
 I like peanut butter, but one serving of regular peanut butter is 5 PP - that is more points than what I usually have for breakfast. PB2 is what I have replaced peanut butter with, and it doesn't have a bunch of weird ingredients. All it contains are roasted peanuts, sugar and salt. It comes in a dry powder & you add water to it. I add about 1 tablespoon of water to 1/8 cup of powder for one serving, which is only 1 PP. I get this from Amazon, but I think Trader Joe's sells it.  You can cook with it too.  This is a good source of protein, 5 grams per 1/8 cup.
 These Laughing Cow cheese wedges are 1 PP each. I don't eat these a lot, but they are nice to have with crackers.
 This hot chocolate is one of my favorite things to have for dessert at night. Two packets of it mixed with water are just 1 PP. I add one jet puffed marshmallow, which add one more PP.
 For a chocolate fix, I keep some kind of little chocolates around. Everything in the photo is 1 PP for one piece, except for the Rolo - two Rolos are 1 PP.
 I really like these Kettle Brand Baked Chips. They are made with a whole potato that has been sliced very thinly. They come in several flavors, and I like all of the ones that I've tried. Two flavors what aren't pictured that I like are Sour Cream & Onion and Cheddar & Roasted Tomato. These taste so much better than the standard baked chip.
 This fruit dip is yummy, and 1/8 of a cup is 2 PP. This plus a sliced Granny Smith apple makes for a nice snack.

 Edy's makes these fruit bars in a lot of different flavors, and I usually keep a box of them around. Most of the flavors are 2 PP per bar.
I like to eat frozen cherries. They are naturally sweet, and they have kept me from eating junk food. I don't defrost them.

No comments:

Post a Comment