Friday, April 1, 2011

Easter Decorations and The Mustard Seed


I put our Easter decorations out this week.  This is my favorite time of year.  I love the rebirth of nature that spring brings. I made a new wreath for our front door.  I got the supplies at Micheal's for under $15.  Here's what I used: two ostrich feathers, 1 small bag of decorative eggs, 2 bunches of silk purple flowers.
Here's what I placed on our kitchen table:
See the colored eggs above?  Those are real, hollowed out eggs that James' grandmother gave us about 8 years ago.  She gave us a dozen of them, and I still have them all.  They have survived two out-of-state moves.  The rest of them are in this basket on our dining room table:
You might have noticed that I have some unusual little bunnies.  I love these!  They are from The Mustard Seed in Brandon, Mississippi - just outside of Jackson.  My sister-in-law introduced me to the organization.  It is an Christian organization that ministers to mentally challenged adults.  They have a gift shop where they sell pottery that has been painted by the people they serve.  The vase in our entryway is also from The Mustard Seed.

I think these are the perfect thing to put out at Easter.  These bunnies are not perfect, and neither are any of us.  Their form looks right, but most would say that they are not painted with the right colors.  Real bunnies don't have green polka-dots. Just as man bears the image of God, but we aren't as we should be because sin has stained us.  They remind me that we are all fallen image bearers of God, in need of a Savior.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

2 comments:

  1. Love all your decorations. Wonderful comments on the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Easter too! Your decorations are great and love your inspiring words. You are a great writer! Love you!

    ReplyDelete