Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January Snow

We had snow on Christmas, but we were not here to see it.  It started snowing last night.  I took the day off, and stayed inside for most of the day.  I think the snow is beautiful, but my body doesn't adjust well to these cold temps.  Growing up in the south, I never thought I would ever come to think of 30 F as "warm."  Well, 30 degrees is warm to me now.  In fact, I make myself get outside with the dogs and walk them along our walking trail whenever it is above 30 F in the winter.  I cannot stand to be outside long at all when the temperature is below 20, and that's what it has been today.  I wanted to take a few pictures of our doggies playing in the snow, so I bundled up and went outside.  I put on long socks that went up to my knees, two pairs of pants, two shirts, a hat, a jacket, and hiking boots.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures:

 backyard


 front yard

 I want to go inside!

 We are going to mail the photos of the two of us and one with both of the dogs in it to our Compassion child in Ethiopia.  It never snows in Ethiopia.  There is not even a word for snow in their national language.  So, I think he will enjoy these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment