Friday, January 7, 2011

Wine Glass Charms

I did a little crafting over the holidays.  Whenever we have a party, we always have the problem of "whose glass is whose."  I had been looking looking for some kind of charms to use for a while, but I wanted something that appealed to our interests.  I finally decided to make some for James to give to him for Christmas.  James is an electrical engineer, and he likes math.  So that was the theme I chose - engineering and numbers.  Now, if you know me, you know that I have far more business with a paintbrush in my hand that I do a math book.  So, I was kinda kicking myself for getting James to take all of his textbooks to work.  I have taken physics, but I don't remember that the symbols for a diode and resistor are.  I did a little searching on the internet and found what I wanted though, thanks largely to Wikipedia. 

Supplies
1/16 inch hole punch
jump rings
wire hoops
glass beads
needle nosed pliers
acid free paper
acid free glue stick
laminator
5 mil laminating pouches
1 inch scalloped circular hole punch
3/4 inch circular hole punch
scissors

I got all the supplies at Michael's, except for the laminator and laminating pouches.  We already had those. If you don't have a laminator, you could take the charms to an Office Depot and have them laminated there.  They don't change much for that service.  The other items can be found with the jewelry making or scrapbooking supplies. 





 James was so funny when he unwrapped these.  He didn't know what they were, and he said, "You got me earrings!?!"  James has never had a pierced ear, and I can't envision him ever having one - although it wouldn't bother me.
I told him to guess again.  Then he saw what they were.  He has encouraged me to sell these on etsy.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness, these are just toooooo cute! How cleaver are you! I'm sure impressed and I do see an Etsy Shop in your future. :o)

    ReplyDelete