Friday, March 4, 2011

Where do we go from here?

We had a conference call with our agency on Thursday regarding what happened with baby #2 and what our options are.  We have learned that her caregivers did the very best they could for her.  Other than that, we were not able to get any other information about what happened to her, but we were given some options and a lot to think about.  Here's what we are trying to think through:

1.  We could drop out of the Ethiopia program and switch to our agency's domestic adoption program.  Since we have had such an unusual experience in the Ethiopia program, our agency is willing to refund part of our international fees.  We are thankful for their willingness to do that.

2.  We could cut our ties with our agency altogether and not adopt at all through them.  They are again willing to refund a portion of the fees that we have paid both on the state level and the national level.

3.  We could stay in the Ethiopia program.  If we do this, we will change our age preference from 0-2 years to 1-3 years.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has prayed for us.  We feel your prayers.  Please keep them coming.  Pray for us as we try to decide what path we should pursue.  Please continue to be respectful of our feelings at this time and do not bombard us with questions or continually ask us if we have heard anything about a third referral.  We will keep everyone updated when we are comfortable with the decisions that we have made.  Thank you all for the love that you have shown us the past few days.  I know people have cried with us, prayed for us, and poured scripture into our ears.  We are thankful for the way the body of Christ is carrying us through our heartbreak.


  1. Thinking of you continually and praying for you and James as you make big decisions. Blessings abundant to you both! Love you bunches!

  2. Praying for you and your hubby this morning!