Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mardi Gras wreath

Here's a photo of our Mardi Gras wreath that I made yesterday.




I spent less than $20 on the materials! I got everything at Michael's, and I had to return a couple of items that I had purchaced a few weeks ago. The return gave me a $20 credit. The cost of the materials does exclude the mask. I found it in my box of Mardi Gras decorations. I used it on the mantle last year.

I'm pretty pleased with the way the wreath turned out. It is much nicer than what graced our front door last Mardi Gras. Some of you may remember that tacky plastic green and purple sign I had put up. Don't worry. I threw it away after Mardi Gras last year. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Now, aren't you just so talented! I don't think there's anything that you cannot do. Love your wreath, adds a "touch of Louisiana" to your house. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, Mrs. Lea, but there are plenty of things I do not do well. Baking cookies is one of those things. I had a cookie exchange at my house in Dec. Mine were a disaster! I got cookies from a bakery. I can make sugar cookies, but that's only because James' mom spent a day at her house giving me a lesson! Ha!

    ReplyDelete