Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Turning 30

My birthday was yesterday.  Thanks for all the birthday wishes.  I had a good day, but put off the party until Friday night since I had to work overnight.  We are going out for Ethiopian food with some of our friends and having cake at our house Friday night.  Here are a few pics from yesterday.


James takes the time to wrap gifts that he gives me, and I really do appreciate the effort. It's just that he's not so good with paper and scissors.  Here are some shots of his handwork.  I will say that the small item was in a odd shaped box.  He could have just bought a gift bag to put it in, but I appreciate his frugality.  He used wrapping paper and a bow that we already had.






This is what was in the small box.  Love this!  It is from this Etsy shop.  The seller has better pics on her page.  It is a necklace with a sterling silver charm shaped like Africa.  This is a cross in the general area of Ethiopia.  The following bible verse on the back.  Well, just the address - the whole would never fit!
Isaiah 41:9-10 (NIV)
I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant';
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.




In the larger package . . .

Mariokart.  Fun game!  We spent about an hour playing it yesterday.


James also gave me a bouquet of flowers. . .30 carnations.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! how sweet and I do love Etsy! Glad you had a nice birthday and I pray it will be a wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely necklace and sweet hubby. Definite keeper!

    I turned 30 last May. It's been the best year of my life so far. So have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete